Friday 15 April 2011

Evaluation

I found this module very enjoyable and certainly was not as easy as I first thought it might be. I thought that the modelling aspect of the animation would be easier than creating the animation. However, I was proved wrong, especially in my case. I really struggled to get to grips with the aspect of 3d drawing and was continually getting confused and making silly errors with my vertices such as overlapping them and making horrid stretching marks. Once I had learnt to get to grips with Autodesk 3DS Max and its interface it became alot easier for me to understand and if I was to reproduce something similar it would be better as my skills have improved, it takes time.

Modelling

I really found this part of the module hard, I couldn't get my gun to look the way I wanted it to look and should of employed an easier way of going about it rather than trying things too advanced at such an early stage. My submarine and skiis where made in a more simpler way but do not look as realistic as they could be. My Q-Boat that I made after the hand in is probably the best model I made out of all of them. However, I feel that with a little bit of help my sceneries are really good in comparison to my models. I really was looking forward to making a car but after numerous failed attempts I scraped the idea.

Animating

I found this part enjoyable and easier than the modelling. I liked the ways in which you can use 3DS Max to create all sorts of movements and explosions. I did create a bomb explosion for my mountain scene but I didn't like the outcome so decided to just put in a background. I also scrapped my car scene as I could not produce a decent car and time was against me. I am suprised with the rendering time for some of my scenes when they are very very short. Knowing this now will help with other projects in the future to allow more time for renders.

Summary

I am very pleased with the outcome of my first 3d animation, I have learnt so much in so little time and look forward to experimenting more with the features available to 3DS Max. If I was to do the project again then better time planning is definitely needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment