Thursday 14 April 2011

Scene 4 - Ski off mountain

This scene is the last scene that I would make where Bond is being chased by a snow jet ski and has to ski off a mountain because of the explosion. I first created a mountain using a plane and used the displace modifier and added a gradient ramp as the map.


From here I dragged the gradient ramp map into an empty slot in the material editor and made an 'instance' copy. I edited the postioning of the flags and the colours to give a mountain look colour. I gave the material some noise and this made a mountain shaped triangle.


Changing thr output co-ordinates in the ouput parameter allowed me to make a mountain shape that I was happy with.


In a new material slot, I assigned a gradient ramp material and again added and edited flags to which I was happy with the outcome.


From here I added 3 composite layers, 2 were speckle and one was a shine material. I changed the settings as shown below:


Now that I had a mountain that I was happy with I cloned it a few times and moved them around to make a more realistic mountainous scene. I also added a daylight system to the scene and used the mr sky and mr sun settings. I also changed the location to Switzerland as I wanted the ressembelence of the Alps sunlighting. I then tried a test render and this is the outcome:


Next I merged my human body file that I created using box modeling, extrusion and symmetry that I had earlier made into this file. I then wanted to make a bone structure for which my human could move. For this I had to go to the systems panel-standard-bones.


Once I had created my bones, renamed them and added fins to them I was ready to make the limb move. For this I had to go to animation-IK solvers-IK limb solvers.


By clicking the smallest bone and the top of the second bone allowed me to have an elbow movement. I cloned the bones and put them onto the left hand side for my left arm and adjusted accordingly. I then clicked on my human and went to the modifier skin, and added all my bones to the model. This would allow the bones to move within the body hence making my person able to move.


I repeated the process for the legs, and also made sure I had a middle body bone (spine) so that the head and body would not stay where they were. I again added these to the skin modifier and merged my ski model into this file. I attached the skis to the humans feet but left the ski sticks loose so I could edit them seperately when making the animation.


I added an explosion background using a plane and gizmo till I was happy with the outcome. I used autokey on several frames to show Bond falling from the cliff down towards the ground.


I then adjusted the bones on these keyframes to make him move asif he were in mid air and doing some actions that would most probably be done to the best of my ability.


I then rendered this scene and this was the outcome:

No comments:

Post a Comment